Monday, February 4, 2013

Look who's back!

We are back in china! This calls for a blog post.

The air here is gross.

Enough about CN.

Check it, I've never been a knife carrier....you know the guy, always has it clipped on the inside of his pocket. The dude who's quick to find any excuse to pull out his EDC (every day carry)....

Well that all changed recently. Why? I have no idea. All of a sudden I felt like I needed to carry around a dumb knife. I think it has something to do with traveling a lot- being in unfamiliar places often....I find that carrying familiar "things" makes me feel a little more comfortable.

Anyway- I had a knife Eric gave me, one that he's had for ever. I was gonna rock it but couldn't stomach the possibility of it being lost/broken/stolen/whatever....so I gave it back.

I landed on a simple Benchmade folding knife. It's one of their most popular, basic knives. It was on sale at the jeep dealership- not sure why they are selling knives....but maybe that's why it was 50% off!

All good....except that I decided to google it. Wanted to see what people are saying about it....see how much $$ I saved on it....check out the specs.....next thing I know I'm using google translate to send an email and complete an order form to some dude in Germany who makes custom grips specifically for this knife.

That's right. I have too much time on my hands. This is what you do when you live in China and don't have a job. Don't ask me.....but the handle I ordered IS pretty sweet- made of "micarta", a mix of fiberglass and carbon fiber.....

No comments:

Post a Comment