Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Single Speed

I don't know what's up with me and bikes lately.

I bought a "29er" mountain bike....which is way sweet. I'm keeping it at kris' for now so I can use it when I'm home.

Today I walked down to Factory Five- a local "single speed" bike shop here in Shanghai. They have some cool bikes! All custom built- and for way cheaper that what you find in the US.

Generally, single speeds are cheaper cause you don't have all the extra parts...shifters, derailers, shocks, etc. it's bare bones- handlebar, maybe a brakes....that's about it.

A single speed is perfect for shanghai because this is the flattest city in the world. There isn't a hill for 2000 miles!

All that said, here is what my master plan is- I'm going to pick up a "free coaster". Don't tell Sarah- she'll be pissed.

Thanks,

Calee

No comments:

Post a Comment