Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chae To Shanghai/ The Big Move

Has a ring to it.

Next in line to me in terms of making willy-nilly, last minute, borderline irresponsible, on the fly decisions is Chae....and I appreciate it.  Can't keep a dude on lock down- and the harder you try, the more elusive he'll be.

Of all the people who have, will, or are maybe gonna come here- I think Chae is the best fit and I'm excited for it!  The reasons for this are, but are not limited to:


  • She's Asian/Pacific Islander
  • Black hair
  • Incredibly short for her age
  • Same age as the majority of the population in SH
  • Travels well cause she doesn't need to brush her teeth consistently 
  • Laughs at my dumb jokes, loudly
Her travel will begin mid November and she'll be headed home on November 24th.  We have about 10 days to cram it all in!  

Luckily I saved the spreadsheet I made for Dade's visit...which should give me a good starting point to ensure that we cover all the Shanghai stops- and then some!

Looks like we'll be meeting in Beijing to do a quick run to the Great Wall....then it's the fast train to Shanghai....same thing I did with Dade and will be doing in two weeks with our moms.  By the time she gets here- I'll be a registered Beijing tour guide- and I'll be charging her a fee.

Next up- we're moving tomorrow!  Want to know what I've done to get ready for our big move?  Well I'll tell ya- nothing.  Packed, planned, cleaned, organized?  Nah.  BUT- the cool news is that we can have a BBQ in our new place....and I saw a place selling them the other day.  The real question is- can we buy propane somewhere here?

You know- since the olympics you are not allowed to buy gas for anything other than a car/scooter.  In other words- you can't fill up a gas can.  That little fact makes me nervous about trying to find a place to load up a propane tank.

Ok- one last thing.  I know I have just kinda been writing blogs about whatever little things have been going on around here and they suck.  So- I'm committing now to throwing down some seriously good blogs.  The "Old Calee" kind that cleverly make fun of the blog subjects and readers at the same time....with double, triple, or quadruple meanings....that rhyme....stay tuned, as soon as this move is done I'm going rouge-hardcore-with an eye patch.  Not a pirate eye patch either....I'm talking old Russian KGB agent who spent some time in a Ukrainian prison eye patch.



2 comments:

  1. ...Don't brush my teeth huh? Mostly because they're already flawless and I brush because everyone else does it.

    ReplyDelete