Saturday, August 24, 2013

Foolery...

Sarah has a lot of meetings this week.  Big ones.....the kind where everyone is here and they all hammer out all the decisions for the next year, or the next few billion dollars.

Work early- dinners every night after work.....it's admirable and difficult (I imagine).  I'm proud of her and what she does.  I'd like to celebrate her career.

Therefore, I (again), pulled a completely irresponsible move, and booked a flight to Khao Lak, Thailand.  What the hell was I gonna do all week anyway if she's working all day and night?

I "rented" a camp site on the beach- which has a bar...?...with internet access.  Got a ride to and from the airport in Phuket, rented a motorcycle, and found a boat to drop me off on a nearby island to fish.....cost- about $100 total (without airfare).  Now that is cheap!  Yes, it's just a camp site....but the motorcycle and boat rental?  Killer deal!

The weather is going to be donkey....rain on and off....bout 86 degrees....but- I'm just going to fish so what do I care?

I'll have to check a bag since I have hooks and line and knives which they don't let you carry-on any more....but beyond that, should be easy as pie.

Sometimes you have to just say "phuket" and do what you got to do......

If I don't post in a day or two from Thailand, call in the calvary- cause I got arrested again....


1 comment: