Thursday, August 22, 2013

The White Cat

Ran into this little tinker today....




















Which is a great lead into this....

We are moving.

New apartment in a new building in a new neighborhood.  That is to say- a new white apartment.  With white fixtures.  I'll show you pictures later.  The important thing now is that I'm trying to hijack this cat....but I couldn't catch it this morning.

This is unfortunate because I've already decided that I want it.  So much so that I've emailed our agent to let her know that our rental contract will need to include us having a cat.  Then I made a vet appointment for this Saturday at Shanghai PAW Vet Clinic.

Meanwhile, I've got some of my people working on a cool name for it.

Just need to catch it.

So the plan is for Sarah, David, and I to corner it when Sarah is home from work.  But the problem is I'm not going to touch a cornered stray cat.....hence why David is going to be involved.  Native people are probably immune to whatever anyway.

That is the plan.  Once its all over- I'm gonna have a cool all white cat with sky blue eyes.....and he's gonna kick it in our new apartment and have a cool name.  That's as cool as ice cream with chocolate syrup and whip cream on top isn't it?

Anyway, I got a new computer.  The last time I bought a computer was 2001.  It was a simple time, and I was a simple guy.  Sarah and I decided to split the cost, as we had just moved in together in San Francisco.  She went to CompUSA on Market Street on a Saturday when I was at work and picked it out.  She had to take a cab home that day because the box was too big to trek home on the N line.  It was an iMac and we loved it dearly.
 


















It was really ahead of its time and was relevant until 2004.  It managed to make itself a fixture in our lives until late 2009 at which point it was recycled properly in accordance with state and federal regulations.

Well the new one is a piece of work.  It took me half a day to figure out how to scroll....no scroll bars on the new Macs!?  And this one is a laptop, not a desktop.  So there.

If you rock an iPhone you got to gets you a Macintosh.  They pair up well and simply.  I didn't have to do anything....just turned it on and entered my email address and pow!  All my contacts, emails, notes, and calendars were ready to roll.

Hey being home for 3 months made me forget how bad international travel sucks.  Got used to the Oregon time zone....so woke up at 2:45am.  Out of bed by 3:00am.  Breakfast by 6:00am.  Lunch at 11:00am.  Starving for dinner by 4:00pm.  But....

I knocked out a cranker today!  While trying to organize some of our crap ahead of my meeting with the moving company I found a sweet wireless/bluetooth stereo.  Apparently Sarah won it at work.

It works great with our phones and computers from anywhere in the house.  So I mounted it in this:





















Sweet huh?  It's made out of wood....was a marketing fixture in one of Sarah's stores.  Gonna look way cooler in the new place too- with a white cat next to it.  This is all coming together better than I hoped.

I made one of these before for Sarah's office, but this one dominates the first one.  You could actually go wireless with this one and carry it down to the park or something if you wanted....right now it's playing Glitch Mob....and doing it like it means it.  I can flip songs and adjust volume on my phone and there is no lag in it at all.....just works.

Last I'd like to send a shout out to Chae Cariaga.  She always likes my photos on Instagram.  Even the crap ones.  Thanks Chae- keep hopin' to grow, you won't always live low, as far as you know.  I have to go....

2 comments: