Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Facebook Break Up

I want to start a band. Just me and a couple other dudes....maybe one chick to sing a little back up.

I want my band to be pretty famous, but not too famous. Maybe a gig a week locally....no travel outside the city or anything.

Then I want to start a Facebook page for my band. Nothing too huge- maybe 1500 followers or so.

Everything is clipping, a few of our own songs....a dabble in the recording studio, birds singing in the sun....

Then it begins. Some in the band are going to want to take it in a new direction. Maybe one person develops a drug and alcohol problem. While he's in rehab, the new guy tries to jockey his way to the top.

Now I can't control the situation, and someone goes behind my back to try to kick me out if the band. Only one thing to do- air it all out on Facebook.

The classic he said, she said Facebook break up! First, I'm going to post a few messages on the home page, maybe something about how I caught them with that girl from work....and how I'm taking the kids.

No where to go but up.

It quickly escalates to the other band members tagging photos of the band all together without me, labeling them things like "best time ever" and "me and my real friends". Things are getting ugly and now all of our friends and followers know exactly who we really are.

You've all seen it. It's the ugly side of putting your life online for everyone to see. It's what keeps me awake at night, and what makes me worry about the world we are leaving our kids. It's a throw everything out there first to get the other people involved on their heels, then go for the throat. Ugly.

Oh, turns out we'll be home in January, though Sarah has to travel to the east coast for a few days while we are there....I think the dates are January 13th-31st. Excited to see everyone!

Tune in tomorrow for a post about something legitimate....

No comments:

Post a Comment