Saturday, December 29, 2012

I laughed, I worried, I cried, and I cheered

This morning we woke up to a tiny bit of snow here in Shanghai. It is sunny and soooo cold (at least if you are an Oregonian used to mild weather). We are watching the Beaver bowl game on sling box while we start the morning off lazy and slow. Calee pulled out some weird colored hair, feathers and thread and tied some flies for fishing. I caught up on my former coworker and friend's blog. It is called Bossier than cancer, and I love it. She started the blog shortly after her diagnosis in April 2011.
We had not worked together long, so I knew little about her except she was a college athlete at Oregon (GO DUCKS!!), had a quick wit that was starting to come out at work and was a mother of three.
I remember the first time I read the blog thinking she was meant to share her stories this way. Her short, funny and straight forward approach to her posts made them a quick read, and left you wanting to read the next before she even had it written. I have laughed, cried, and thought of my own personal experiences with cancer as I read it.
My personal experiences have not been as personal as they are for those that actually had the cancer.....but I still relate to many of her comments as I remember my loved ones going through those appointments, treatments, surgeries, check ups and ALL that comes with them. And I stop to appreciate them and miss them.....and pray for them as they continue to go through their cancer experience.
This morning was no different. As I read all of her November and December posts, I laughed so hard I cried, I cried, and I missed her. I knew some of the places and people she was mentioning from my old job, and I felt reconnected for a little while. And I cheered for her and for her family as her she stays focused on kicking cancer's butt.
I thought about how much I hate and I fear cancer.

www.bossierthancancer.blogspot.sg

1 comment: