Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Out Of Town

I was able to get out of the city yesterday for the first time.

It was about a 2.5 hour drive the lake we fished....near the town of Yingyu.

In China, you pay to drive on the highway. You're stopped as you leave Shanghai and are given a card. This card tracks your distance travelled- and you pay according to how far you went (there and back). They don't have road taxes here....and I guess you gotta pay for it somehow.

Once outside Shanghai we hit a bridge that was 20 miles long. Longest bridge I've ever been on! At the half way point there was a restaurant/hotel built right on the water. I took a bad photo for you to enjoy!

Fishing was donkey. It was about 9 degrees F on the dock, we rented a little twink of a boat, and I'd guess it was 4 degrees on the water. I knew better than to go- you don't catch bass with a fly rod in 9 degree weather.....but I guess it was good to check out.

Here are some photos- looks like lake Shasta to me except bamboo and tea trees instead of oak and pine.

One note on the photos of the lake- anything you see on the banks of the lake that look like a house are not- they are tombs- and very old. I don't know why you would start a tea orchard around a hillside of tombs....seems like a creepy place to work.













No comments:

Post a Comment