Friday, December 14, 2012

Fishing Expo

Tomorrow I'm going to the fishing expo! It's about an hour out of town, but well worth the drive I'm sure.

I've already been emailing with one factory that makes fly fishing gear and plan to buy some fly boxes. I'm going to put my logo in them and give them to people who run trips with me in March.

Speaking of March....like I said before, ill be home the 1st-31st, but I'm booked full....so probably won't have much time to kick it. Sorry, but you don't have to be tall to ball.

Looks like Sarah's passport issue is going to be fixed soon, but it's still a work in progress. We are hoping that we can get something going so we can travel, last minute, around Xmas time maybe. Thailand is out now, but maybe we can go somewhere close- find some snow!

Last thing, if you're planning on coming here to visit at some point, you need to at least know how to count to 10.....so here you go:

1- yi- sounds like E, pronounced ee like my name- cal"ee"

2- er- sounds like R, pronounced like "are" you going

3- san, like "sand" without the d

4- si- this one is tough. Hold the "s" as long as you would the word sand. It sounds like "suh"....s, and the uh like the "ou" in would. (Sorry, best I got)

5- wu- just like wu tang clan, or woohoo without the hoo. However, it's the third tone- so you start your pitch high, go low, than end high. Think roller coaster.

6- liu- just like the name Leo

7- qi- pronounced "chee" like cheese without se.

8- ba- easy. Sounds like bobber without the bber. NOT ba like baby.

9- jiu- pronounced gee-O. Like the abbreviation for National Geographic nat-geo.

10- shi- you thought it, not me. Sounds like....well without the "t".

Know these and you have it made. 11-99 are easy because they don't use any new words. It's just the numbers combined....but put 10 in the middle. Ex-

68

6, 10, 8

Liu shi ba

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment