Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Devil in the Details

Its the little things in life.  Lets give it a try....

Sarah kicked my leg in her sleep and woke me up.  I looked at the time on my phone and it was 2:39am.

I checked my email since I was up anyway, one from Leland Outfitters and one from Chjo9- something sassy about my other blog.

I smashed my toe and my toe nail is black.  It's the third time in two years.

The song Back In The Highlife has been stuck in my head all day.

On my way to meet Sarah for lunch I saw a girl we saw back in July when we were looking for an apartment.  She was looking at an apartment the same time we were.

I can't remember if the "in" and the "the" should be capitalized in the title of this blog.  I can't ever remember that.

I have to order one of the big water bottles from the apartment management office, and I hope I don't forget to.

My favorite neighborhoods are flat with wide streets.  I don't like narrow streets.

I used to be good at organizing emails in my inbox.  Now I'm not, so there are 5000 emails piled up in there.

I wanted to post this reply to Dade's reply to my blog from the other day, but didn't:

"Dade, yes we all know the story- You didn't think you needed him when you got out on your own.  Dead set on having your way you were convinced that you were right and Steve was wrong.  But then you started thinking to yourself well, maybe what he said was true.  How could you get so turned around when you needed Steve as much as he needed you?"

I tried, but can't find a basketball hoop with suction cups that I could put up on our apartment glass door.

When I was in Oregon last, my back hurt every morning from that donkey bed at Kris'.

I'm slightly worried about contracting bird flu, even though statistically it's super unlikely.

The inside of my watch band is a little foul.

When I woke up this morning I did a mental walk-thru of how this blog would be and this was not it.

And then, then when I was 5, I pushed my sister down the stairs and blamed it on the dog.

I planned transportation, hotel, and guided vacation to Beijing without doing a single thing myself somehow.

Last time I went to the dentist I had them skip the x-rays because I don't like those things they jam in your mouth.

The thing that was holding up my shoe thing in the bedroom broke.  I have to find a new one now.

Slight wind today, 7 MPH from the north east.

Dinner tonight will be made by me and I found tuna and mayonnaise at the grocery store, I consider that a big win.

I should buy a few Huey Lewis and the News songs from itunes for old times sake.

Chae just texted me. 

The other day I remembered to our neighbors growing up were named Muffin and Chunks.  No joke.

Sometimes our coffee maker doesn't work great.  Sometimes it does.




3 comments:

  1. Great entry! Save this. You'll want to read it a again a few years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as the thing with Steve:

    I tried to get him on the phone. No one answered. No answered at all. I heard that he thought we were through. Something I had, something I had to do. And now my soul cries for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just going to come out and say what I know everyone is thinking....Calee, you're a way better writer then we thought you ever could be. Congrats. Seriously though.

    ReplyDelete