Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sleepless In Shanghai

It's a play on words. Like sleepless is Seattle, except I replaced Seattle with Shanghai. Get it. Clever huh.

Anyway, I woke up at 4am. Still can't get on the Asia timeframe here.....and this asleep by 7 or 8pm and up at the crack is getting old.

Not all bad news though- we've had good weather this week, will this weekend, and next week. About 65-68 and sunny with only slight smog. Not too shabby. Last night I even saw a few stars....maybe the clearest I've seen it here yet.

I'll include a pic of the sunrise I took from our balcony. It looks pretty nice! Check out the tall building in the background- when complete it'll be the 2nd or 3rd tallest in the world I believe.

All the trees here have gone from small buds to full leaves in the past week or so....and while its nice now, everyone speaks of what this transition in weather brings- the humid heat of summer. It is universally agreed that it is some of the worst weather you can find. But for now, we'll focus on the good.

Sarah is going to Taiwan for work- so I'm gonna go over and meet her. Don't know why, or what's there, but figure ill never go again once we move back- so better do it now. I'm gonna roll those Taiwanese fools.

Turns out mainland Chinese people don't really dig on Taiwanese people....they all seem to rival over here. We had to take a cultural training class and they explained why....had I been paying attention I would relay that but of knowledge to you, but god- they stuck us in some room all day, and the lunch sucked. It was the only day here I "had" to do something....and I don't like people making me do things. Then the chick who was teaching it had too much perfume.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment