Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Junk Mail

I woke up to this email this morning:


All,

I’ve thought hard about this and the decision wasn’t easy.  It’s taken over a year and I harken back to the research compiled and the published paper written by a colleague which can be foundHere circa 2012.  The methodology in this paper is sound, but I haven’t followed it exactly.  What’s in a name?  A name should stir an emotional response.  It may be a direct rip off, but if you don’t know where it came from I won’t tell you.  With that I give to you the new name of the Honda Ruckus:



God, I don't even know where to start with this one.  First, who names their scooter?  Maybe a motorcycle- for sure a boat......why not just put tassels on the handlebars to match the banana seat?  Thunder Bear?  All I can envision is some big, hairy, wanna-be motorcyclist wearing only jeans and a black leather vest somewhere in the Castro District.....and take that from the one who used to go clubbin' there with his wife and her friends after they got me drunk.  If you're reading this, no offense Thunder Bear, hope all is well.

My gut reaction was to grab his underarm, you know- the inside of his arm at the triceps with my thumb and fingers digging into his biceps, the power hold....like his mom used to in Market Basket (more on grocery stores in a minute).....anyway, grab his underarm and shake it violently while yelling under my breath "you're embarrassing me!", you go Coy.

However, in this post 9/11 world I see it more beneficial to be positive and helpful.  Plus, I realize that not everyone can be good at making up names.  I'm not really.  There are only a few people I know that actually are.  Nick Kappas taking the cake- that dude will give you a nickname inside 10 minutes of meeting you that is not only fun and catchy- but also sums up your entire life in one word.

Like I said, I'm not great at making up names....but I am good at: stealing other's ideas, copying things and making them my own, making fun of people, integrating the word donkey into every blog, and contracting bird flu from our friend and Sarah's old high school buddy Jill.

Combine this ridiculous set of skills and you get not only a good name for a scooter, but a logo too.  Trust you me, I didn't want to get involved in this one....but what can you do?  Here is the new name and logo for Kris' scooter:




That's right- the new name is Sherm's Thunderbird.  Deal with it.  Snap.


Calee out.



No comments:

Post a Comment