Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Life in SH-IT

That is short for Shanghai Information Technology....

Or lack there of....

The deal is this- I'm now having to sit and write this blog in the most uncomfortable position possible because the computer has to be plugged into the wall.

Why?

Because our wifi is still broken.

Why?

Because the person who came to fix it last night was the owner's property management agent, not someone who knows anything about IT. 

As a result, 2 hours of my time was wasted on this idiot poking around with the wires going to and fro just to say "I don't know what the problem is, we will have to have a technician come out".

So, here is the cut and copy of the email I sent to our agent, his boss, the apartment owner, and his property management company:

Hi All,

As you are all well aware- the wifi at our apartment has not worked for 4 days, and the Internet did not work for 2 days.

The process to fix these issues is very different here in China than what  am used to in the US.  Because of this I have one question:

Why does it seem that my time has no value to any of you?

I hate to ask the question, but it seems necessary since I have now wasted many hours on this issue with no resolution in sight.  Specifically, I had to be at home for 2 hours yesterday while the management agent was sent to fix our issue....though he had no IT knowledge.....and could not even begin to fix our issue.  2 hours yesterday, and now I'm waiting around today for a second person.  I can only hope they have some minimal amount of knowledge or training.

Also, I would like to know who the second individual was that came with the management agent.  That person simply stood around in my apartment the entire time and contributed absolutely nothing.  I'm only concerned with this because I don't like to have people I'm not familiar with in my home for no apparent reason....and it would seem extremely unprofessional to me if it was just the agents friend or family member.

I appreciate any response,

Calee

Now, I hope that didn't end up being too rude- I do have to work with our agent quite often.....but I mean come on.  Imagine I rented a house to you and agreed to take care of the Internet in the house -you call me when it isn't working and I say "ok, I'll send my niece Mia over to take a look at it"...."she seems to know a little bit about computers"......"wait for her to show up sometime after school between 3:30pm and 8pm".

Seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment