Monday, April 8, 2013

Crash, Bang, Donkey

That was the title of a book Gino had in his bedroom.  When I told him I'd read him a book before bed, I had no idea it would be such a sweet deal.

The blog is back- and hotter than ever!  Bird flu, dead pigs in the river, custom made Indiana Jones whip....it's all here!  Now, where to start.....

First, I'm back on the bike kick.  After a failed attempt at a sidehack, a bought and sold mountain bike in Oregon, a bike with orange rims, and some other rad ideas, I've landed on a 2013 VISP fixed gear.  Due to arrive fresh from taobao.com in 2 days it'll be sure to knock your socks off!  6061 aluminum frame and fork with a cro-mo steer tube- it comes in at just under $100- made in China.  Gotta love cheap labor- cause this would have been an easy $500 frame stateside.  Crash, bang, donkey.

Phase two will be the build process......does any of this sound familiar?  I feel like this is the twelfth (when was the last time you saw that word spelled out) bike project I've had going here that never even left the ground.  Well this one is no different!  Freaking frame was supposed to be here Sunday.....its Monday and the new word is two days out.  Crash, bang, donkey.

Dade is coming in a few weeks.  Crash, bang, donkey to say the least.

Sarah will be going home for work in a few weeks.  She'll have the usual suitcase full of crap I've been commissioned to buy and send home.....so for those of you with orders contact Sarah at sarah@caleeschinabusiness.com.  If no jail time is involved, I expect all deliveries to be on time.  Crash, bang, donkey.

Currently 68 and sunny in Shanghai- and I'm stuck in the house waiting for some crash, bang, donkey to come fix our wifi.  Apparently if you're wireless router is down in China the process is as follows:

1.  Wait for 2 days for no reason.
2.  Stinky guy shows up to tell you it is broken.
3.  I tell our agent we have a problem, he tells owners agent, owners agent tells guy who has already been here that we have a problem, guy who has been here tells owners agent it is broke, owners agent tells owner, owner tells his agent to come out here and see, owners agent contacts our agent to update, our agent tells us owners agent is coming out, I tell our agent he, owner, owner's agent, and fix it guy they are all lame.

I SWEAR, that has been the process so far.  Lord only knows where it goes from here once the owner's agent comes today.  Crash, bang, donkey.

Back to the whip.  So I've been contemplating an Indiana Jones whip for some time now....for a number of reasons.....what if you were in the jungle?  I live on the 7th floor, what if there was a fire?  In the boat and, heaven forbid, someone fell out!?  A whole bunch of reasons to say the least.  So, I'm currently looking for someone here in SH to make me a bull whip.  Not just any whip though- I'll only rock a 10 foot, 12 plait, kangaroo overlay.  I'm serious- I'm going to rock that thing and it's gonna be crash, bang, donkey!


EDITOR'S NOTE-  Homeboy just showed up to "fix" the wifi.  The owner"s agent IS the IT guy.....except after 2 hours he said he couldn't fix it and that he'd tell the owner....and they'd send someone to fix it.  What a bunch of ridiculousness!  So here I am connected to the Internet through a cable.  What is this 2008.....or should I say 2000 and late!?



No comments:

Post a Comment