Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Driver David

Our driver David got me a welcome gift- a Shimano spinning reel!

He was worried that I wouldn't catch any fish with a fly rod around here....so he's making sure I'm set up.

I will catch fish with a fly rod. I think he thinks I'm going to only fish little dry flies all the time....but I'm going to show him what I got, see if he thinks anything will work.

David showed me some pictures this morning that were pretty promising. Apparently you can dive about 45 minutes to the coast and rent a charter that will take you out to fish for snapper and yellow fin tuna. We'll be hitting that up for sure! They will also drop you off on these small islands and you can fish from shore. I saw pics of the islands- they are small and nothing but rock....just what you'd see off the Oregon coast really. I couldn't help but notice that they looked just like the small islands I've been seeing on the news that China and Japan are fighting over.....

Anyway, he's legit- every picture on his phone is of him with fish. When it comes to fishing, pictures don't lie....Kris usually does though.....

David's English is pretty ok and he's very willing to help do anything. So this morning we are going to go to the electronics mall and get a few adapters and a home phone.....I bought a home phone for cheap at target before I left- but it blew up as soon as I plugged it in.

Here are some pics of the mess I'm trying to wade through to find a phone....

Oh- last thing- I woke up at 5am and started pounding the pavement- cause what else do you do at 5am if you can't sleep? There is a Lamborghini dealership about a block from our house! I'm gonna test drive one!

1 comment: