Sunday, September 2, 2012

The New Job

I spoke with Sarah this afternoon.  She was on her way to work- it was Monday morning in Shanghai...Sunday afternoon here.

She gave me the rundown of the next week on the job.  It sounds like a busy week!

Tomorrow she's off to the "coaches conference", a big get together for all the Nike store managers.  I'm nervous for her- she has to speak in front of like 1000 employees....and is going to try to throw down a few Chinese phrases!  Good luck Sarah.

The conference is in Hangzhou and she'll be there all week.  After that she is back in Shanghai for about a day, then off to Beijing.  Good luck Sarah.

Apparently when she travels for work, there is a lot of eating "local food"....so she's going to pack some power bars in case the local food doesn't appease her sophisticated palate.  Good luck Sarah.

Meanwhile, I've laid out my entire collection of fly fishing crap and have figured out what I'll be taking with me to China.  What is that you say?  You can't fish in Shanghai?  Wrong.....our driver David fishes in Shanghai and is going to show me whats up.

Most of the stuff I'll be bringing is saltwater stuff as I anticipate more (and better) fishing in some of the tropical areas near Shanghai....Christmas Islands are calling my name!

I grew up at 2167 Harvard St in Klamath Falls, OR.  Had a neighbor by the name of Joe Caraher who's writing style I'll be adopting for this blog from here on out.  I'm not sure I can do him justice but I'll try.  Joe was a good family friend and had this cool, old school style of writing that I always enjoyed.  He was the editor of the Herald and News.

Last thing- turns out the first week of October is a bad time to hang around Shanghai- so we'll be making our first trip to Thailand or maybe Laos.  We're welcoming any suggestions or advice on where to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment