Friday, September 28, 2012

Physical Education

Has anyone noticed that my blogs and/or blog titles have numerous references to things one may find at say.....a community college?  You're either in it for the comm or the unity.

Well, today I took the plunge.  I joined the ranks of millions of people who turn to the internet to find other people with similar interests.  Someone I can talk to, and who listens.

That's right, I joined tennistonic.com.....a place for like minded people to come together and not be afraid to express themselves!  People like:

Brian
"A 4.5 player with a passion for the game"

Megan
"A former college player from the Southern US with a strong backhand"

I had no idea that this whole new world existed!  I signed up using the online name "Racket Attack", a clever play on the old Nintendo game Racket Attack.  Clever indeed.

Within minutes of signing up I had about 10 emails!  People just like me, iphone in hand, checking their email every second in hopes of something to do.

Before I knew it, I had scheduled about 5 days of tennis.

Well with that said, I'll leave you with this song....a favorite of David Bellinger's:

I can show you the worldShining, shimmering, splendidTell me, princess, now when didYou last let your heart decide?
I can open your eyesTake you wonder by wonderOver, sideways and underOn a magic carpet ride
A whole new worldA new fantastic point of viewNo one to tell us no or where to goOr say we're only dreaming
A whole new worldA dazzling place I never knewBut when I'm way up here, it's crystal clearThat now I'm in a whole new world with youNow I'm in a whole new world with you
Unbelievable sightsIndescribable feelingSoaring, tumbling, freewheelingThrough an endless diamond sky
A whole new worldDon't you dare close your eyesA hundred thousand things to see(Hold your breath, it gets better)
I'm like a shooting starI've come so farI can't go backTo where I used to be
A whole new worldEvery turn a surpriseWith new horizons to pursueEvery moment red-letter
I'll chase them anywhereThere's time to spareLet me share this whole new world with you
A whole new worldThat's where we'll beA thrilling chaseA wondrous placeFor you and me

1 comment:

  1. So many things...first - lol. 2nd....why that. Song for David, totally perplexed. Thus probably the reason and finally.....awesome racket attack. Good for u.

    ReplyDelete