Saturday, September 15, 2012

Medical School

October 19th is just over a month away!

Through the course of my 28 years on this earth, I've met a number of people who were or are going to school as a "Pre-med" major. That means their undergraduate degree is geared toward a post graduate education in medical school.

To date, I know 2 people who have become doctors- and one of them I didn't meet until just before they went in to med school. Congratulations to the Williams family, Jay and Sarah, for completing medical school! Free medical advice for me!

Keep your feet on the ground but keep reaching for the stars. This blog is for you- the 99% who think they're going to be a doctor before the reality of your ambition comes to light....there is still hope....you can be a doctor in China!

Not to bag on China too much, especially since I don't know anything about the place (yet)- but check it out- if you're going to get a visa to stay there they make you take a physical exam. Apparently it's pretty comprehensive and includes an ultra sound, EKG, other things, and an eye exam.

Anyway, google it and you'll see that it is a bit of a formality- and if, for example, you have bad eyes- the answers to your eye exam will be given to you....courtesy of your exam administrator! Those are my favorite kinds of tests.

Sarah made it to her exam last week and managed to snap a couple photos. She doesn't take bad pics- its just that finding anything interesting in this place is probably next to impossible.

Again- nothing bad to say about China, the place is going to be sweet...it's just that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to point this one out.

PS- please excuse any typos....blogging from my phone, while driving, while towing a boat, in traffic...

1 comment:

  1. "Through the course of my 28 years on this earth,"

    Who you tryin' to fool?

    ReplyDelete