Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Geography 101

Well, I'm going to flex my geographical ignorance on a hunch that you too may have some misconceptions about this little region called Asia.

Turns out Indonesia isn't an area....but rather a country. I always thought....actually....I'm not even sure that is right.....

The Philippines isn't one big island, but rather a bunch of small islands. Trip on that for a minute.

There is a place called Laos and its a whole country.

The drive from Shanghai to Hong Kong is 20 hours....and some people actually do it.

Taiwan isn't a city, it's an island. Taipei is the biggest city on the island. I'm not even gonna get into the politics of it being a country or not.

The distance between Shanghai to South Korea is less than Portland to Klamath Falls. I think the South Korean mascot is a pelican too.

Mongolia is way up there.

The Russians were able to leave the Eastern front once Japan went south after the rubber and tin resources....marching their army clear across the continent, they made it to Moscow just in time to stop the Germans on the Western edge of Russia. Huh Dade?

The first person to fill in the names of the islands in this picture gets $20.....$30 if you do it before October 19th!

I'm going to guess Mia Fast will be the winner.....



4 comments:

  1. Mia is taking the challenge!

    So is it city for as far as you can see? Any mountains in the distance? Is the coast the closest water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luzon,mindoro,Panay,palawan,samar,leyte,negros,mindao, plus 7,099 more. That is my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the Russians didn't exactly LEAVE the eastern front, but they were able to draw off some of their best units, railroad 'em across Siberia, and literally detrain them right in front of the advancing Panzers.

    WWII! Crazy times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Mia. I didn't have time to play in this contest because it wouldn't show up. But- if you set up another contest I'm game!

    ReplyDelete