Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chain Mail

Viewership is down.

The blog was about to get cut from prime time.

Get locked up and the number of views soared!

Using this logic, I'm going to go out here in HK and cause some real trouble! Stay tuned....

Just kiddin. However, I have been wondering how I was going to get our views up here so that my ad dollars will increase. I had just decided to copy and paste a chain mail letter to the blog....something about pass it on or kittens will die....and then you guys came through! Thanks!

I'm watching the numbers though and if they decline rapidly....well let's wait and see.

The report out of Hong Kong is hot and humid but the hotel bar has good beer! I'm talking Craig Ostrem good!

I went to the mall that is connected to the hotel this afternoon. Walked around for 2 hours before I could find a door that goes outside. It's just a giant network of hallways and stores and tunnels here. Even the door to "outside" was an elevated walkway that goes straight to another huge building....but it was good to breathe real air!

I think it's time to visit the hotel pool- just too hot! It is on the 30th floor balcony, so it should be fun to throw things off the ledge!

I took some pics:

#1- Found a Circle K! I was just about out of gum! This one was exactly like the one on Oregon Ave in Klamath. The one my dad worked in temporarily for some reason?

#2- Picture from the walkway over the road. ALL the public busses here are double decker....and they drive on the wrong side of the road in HK, but not is shanghai!? And how did those people get outside!?

#3- The "western" grocery store here in the mall sells fish head. Just how us westerners like it!

#4- Some funky Hong Kong currency. That is HK$154 which is about US$20 which is about how much you need to buy a pack of gum here it's so expensive.



1 comment:

  1. What kind of gum do you chew? Hey, it could be a birthday present. Just finished a book about an unwanted China girl and her life growing up. Lots of history between shanghai and hong kong. They must be totally different. It is a true story and she is a dr. in Huntington Beach , CA.Don't stop the blogs.

    ReplyDelete