Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Dinner

Sarah and I are both having to break out of our ultra picky eating habits. It hasn't been too bad yet.

Last night we went to a place that I can't pronounce or spell in Chinese, but it's English translation is "The Peeking Duck".

As the name implies, it's a restaurant all about duck and is very much a local place with traditional Chinese food. Ill say this once and then let it go, I was flat scared when I saw turtle on the menu. There is simply no need for that in any diet. The menu was the size of a giant coffee table book with pictures, and I wish I'd never turned to that page.

Back to dinner. This is a family style place, and they bring your duck to the table (cooked) an the chef slices it up right in front of you.

David was with us, and the restaurant gave him most of the duck in a plastic garbage sack to take home.

All in all it was pretty good. Duck is better than I guessed it to be. The vegetables were ok, tofu wasn't good, and the noodles were money!

Best part- they had the thin pancakes like what you get at the Mongolian Grill in the US!

We've eaten at a bunch of places already- but this was the first "real Chinese" place....I'd call it a success.

Note the chop sticks in the pics....this place didn't even have silverware!

1 comment: