Thursday, October 4, 2012

Filipino Kids

Sarah and I were at the beach restaurant yesterday when we got hit up by a brother and sister to buy some bracelets.

The brother was 12 and sister was 10. I felt bad that they had to be out working the crowd to make a living....so Sarah and I checked out what they had to offer. Con artists! We were buying bracelets before we knew it!

Salesmen through and through, they knew when to give the "awe" and the eyes, when to say "please sir one more", and "sorry, I don't have change"....both very polite and fun however.

That was yesterday. Today we caught them running down the path that follows the beach- working the crowd. When they saw us they stopped to hang out- since we made friends with them the day before. I was on my phone doing something and one of them says "do you have Angry Birds sir?"!!! I laughed and showed them what games my phone had. They knew them all! They also knew how to swipe, exit, enlarge, and surf my entire phone!

After they had checked out all my pictures, played all my games, had Sarah download one new game, and looked at all my text messages, they got bored.

They thought Sarah was Russian- and when I asked what ethnicity they were they said "Muslim"....I left it at that.

These kids had a lot of confidence, and were fun to be around. While some worry crossed my mind when I saw them- I could somehow tell they were going to be fine. They had each other, and it has been a while since I've seen a young brother and sister get along so well. It was refreshing and encouraging.

The first picture was of them yesterday- they sure know how to pose. The rest were from today. The boy, Jaren, really didn't want me to show anyone the first picture because he thought his eyes looked funky! I told him tough- he'd be famous soon....

Oh- one more thing! Add giant bats to the list! I'm talking the size of a crow giant vampire bats. They only come out at dusk (probably out all night but I can't see them). We were at the pool and I mistook one for a big bird at first!

Check it out:

http://www.conservationcentre.org/scase7.html

No comments:

Post a Comment